26 April 2007

Please Comment!!!

So I'm sitting here, working rather fruitlessly on a cover letter for a teaching position I'm applying for on Friday and needed a break. So I decided to check on the site to see if my father had been by to heckle me from the Comments Section and feel somewhat forlorn due to the lack of attention paid to my Comments Section.

And then my beautiful wife tells me that one of her friends checks the site but refuses to post comments until I write something about something other than comics as she claims she doesn't know anything about comics. So first off, point taken, James. I will write more about other topics.

However, and this goes for everyone who stops by for a spell,please comment, regardless of whether you think you know something about the subject matter or not. I beg you to do this for a couple of reasons: 1) it lets me know you're there and that someone is reading, 2) I value your feedback, good, bad or indifferent, 3) if you ask me a question I will answer it to the best of my ability and this may in fact contribute to or at least inform future entries and 4) it gives me a break from my father heckling me from the sidelines if someone else is doing it for a while.

The bottom line here is that a big part of the reason I created this blog was to get something "out there" and hopefully to get some feedback on my writing. This was started as an exercise and any feedback you can give helps me out enormously (yes, Dad, even the jabs about trying to get published).

But, at the end of the day, our friend is right as I had intended to post here on a variety of subjects and will try to mix it up a little for your reading and viewing pleasure.

Til next time...um...make mine Marvel...?

3 comments:

Guido said...

Not to be a heckling blog menace of a father, but I must support your friends view of not commenting on your blog until write commentaries of a diversity and vision! Some topics for your consideration might include: The war in Iraq, Illegal immirgration, Political chatter with no substance, Global warming, Chasing the almighty dollar, The pro sports farse and if you lack a topic you can always try for world peace! By the way did you finish the application for the teaching position? Come to think of it, Education in America would make a good peace!

Unknown said...

Yo Geneseo-
I just wanted to spread a little love and let you know I try to check the blog when I can however I do not get online as much as I would like. Although it looks like your last entry was April, so I believe you know where I am comin' from! See you in the salt mines. Over and out-

Michael said...

First off, thanks for the love--I appreciate the traffic checking out the blog.
Second, I apologize for the lack of content lately. It has been a dry spell and we'll get some nw stuff out here for you...
Stay posted...