24 February 2009

Ashes, ahses...

So, it's Fat Tuesday, which only means tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, which means that I'll get my yearly dose of Catholic guilt for not being Catholic any more. Or at least recognizing myself as one, anyhow. I don't think I actually believe that anyone gets to stop being Catholic. It's kind of like alcoholism that way. You never get to be not an alcoholic, you just get to be a recovering alcoholic. Kinda the same. Anyone in the same boat gets this. And like the song goes: if you have to ask...

Anyhow, getting ready to head out to head home and get me some good ol' fashioned ghetto-style tacos in my belly-hole. Take the furry-beastlies for a nice long walk on the prom and admire the cold and white. As much as people (myself included here) bitch about the winter, this is really one of my favorite times of year and truly reminds me of how much I love living in Maine. I mean, really, if you can't appreciate the cold bite on your cheeks and the big-@$$ snowflakes in your eyes during a storm, well, then, you just don't deserve to live here. You should go someplace warmer and, likely, much more polluted and sucky.
So there....

Awfully bummed about cancelled plans this weekend at the Ninja-domo, but am refreshed that we'll see the other ninja-folk in the warmer parts of the Spring. I guess that is the traditional time for all us winter-hermits to emerge bleary-eyed from our hidey-holes, right?

I think we can all see this is going nowhere fast, so I'll keep the damage to a minimum:
Your mission today: find me a jellyfish recipe. No, really. I was flipping through the Food Lover's Companion this AM and came across an entry for jellyfish as an honest-to-God foodstuff. So I'm curious. So go forth and find me yon elusive jellyfish recipe. Do this immediately.

No comments: