27 February 2009

Social Media and the (Sorta) New Web

I say "sorta" 'cuz it's still kinda new to me. I know. Really pretty inexcusable seeing as how I work in advertising and design and should be up on this stuff. But hey, it's never too late right?

Checked out a fantastic seminar on social media yesterday at the Portland Harbor Hotel put on by the Maine AdClub and given by Catherine Allen of SHIFT Communications of Brighton/Boston, Mass. A big shout out to Catherine: Thanks for the seminar! Great way to introduce people to this stuff (myself included) and you did a great job of making it interesting to all levels of users, making the media seem practical and getting people excited and engaged.

So, as I start to post a little more regularly and get things out there, I'll beg the forgiveness of my faithful readers (all 1 of you) and am grateful for your patience. I think it may take a little while for me to hit my stride here as far as subject matter, tone and voice. things may be a little bumpy for a bit, though I'll try to get some interesting things going for all.

For anyone who follows: Congrats to the T.Doc Futbol Club! Great win over the Pirates last night, 6-2. Things got a little tense towards the end with some cheap shots and unacceptable aggro behavior from our opponents, but everyone emerged relatively unscathed. Good job everyone!

No comments: